Dismal the Hedgehog, by Ryushu, is currently under construction. As such, some sections may be incomplete.
The last edit to this page was on 05/31/2013 by Wagnike2 Edit History
|Romantic Interests||Madeline the Fox|
|Political Alignment and Abilities|
|Weaponry||Project Reaper Regenerative flexo-plate in right arm|
Dismal the Hedgehog (Inkina za Hejjihoggu) is labeled as a Troll, but he never used to be one; he used to be a regular hedgehog, until he was captured by Rageik. He is among the youngest of the Trolls, at only 14 years old. Bolt, however, isn't much older than him.
It is (or will be) revealed that his real name is Daniel.
Dismal is a thin, frail, sickly-looking hedgehog, with scraggly gray fur, and a lighter gray, scruffy muzzle and chest. He is quite underweight (only 56 lbs). The various wounds inflicted upon him never healed properly because of how often the beatings occurred, giving him a slightly deformed look. Both of his ears are over-sized, and the left one has a chunk missing from it, and his tail is permanently broken, bent at a downward angle. From being starved often, his ribs poke out slightly. His eyes are a light, pale blue, and they usually have a haunted, tired look to them (and he usually has bags under his eyes, due to sleep deprivation). One of his eyes is usually blackened, and on rarer occasions, the blood vessels in one of them have burst, turning the sclera deep red. This is all a result of the physical torture inflicted upon him. He has suffered from heart attacks quite often, because the organ in question is physically weak.
Dismal looks different than the other Sonic recolors in the way that his eyes are different (they are separate rather than connected like Sonic's) and also that his arms aren't the same color as his muzzle and chest.
All the nerves in his tail (excluding the very base) are dead, rendering it nearly immobile (he can move it slightly by using the nerves in the base of his tail). His tail still shouldn't be yanked, however, because that can damage his spinal cord.
Despite the scruffy appearance of his fur, it actually has a soft and downy texture. However, this is because he has very few of the longer, stiffer guard hairs that most fur-bearing mammals are supposed to have.
Dismal (when he was still "Daniel") had a somewhat rough infancy; when he was born (at Julayla Memorial Hospital, to be exact), his lungs were rather weak, so Dr. Quack had to put him inside of an incubator for a few days. He came out fine (although, being quite perceptive, he was terrified at the experience), and his parents, Sterling and Olivia the Hedgehogs, were allowed to take him home.
Daniel's parent's loved him very much, although they were somewhat concerned at the strange fact that he practically never cried; only when he was frightened or injured. Ironically this did not help his parent's sleep; they would both listen to the baby monitor (or take turns doing so) wanting their son to make SOME kind of noise to let them know he was still alive. Daniel's parents would also take turns checking on him as he slept.
The only thing that really scared Daniel as a child was the doctor's. He was mindlessly afraid of the doctors, panicking and crying whenever he had to go. The only person that he was slightly comfortable around was Dr. Quack himself, but that's most likely because he assisted in Daniel's birth.
Whenever Daniel's parent's did have to take him to the doctor, he would always hide somewhere.
Meeting The Trolls
- Under construction
One morning, when Daniel was 3 years old, the Trolls appeared and attacked his parents. Tonic the Hedgehog, under the guise of "Potion", came after Daniel. But then, he was "rescued" by Extreme Coco Larry, I.M Meen the Fallen Pedohog, Miguel the Trollhog and Vic Jackson. They claimed that Potion was a serial killer, and that they were there to protect Daniel.
Captured and Transformed
- Under construction
Now a member of the Trolls, he had to be given a new name. Larry suggested "Dismal" because "he was such a whiny little brat". And so, Daniel the Hedgehog became Dismal the Hedgehog.
Guinea Pig and Punching Bag
Some years later, after Dismal was transformed into a Troll, Bubonic used him to test out new disease chips and the like, and dissected him frequently. On top of that, the other Trolls tortured and beat him regularly. As a result, he was often bruised and sickly-looking.
Dismal was tortured and beaten in a wide variety of ways, such as being kicked, starved, burned, etc...on some occasions, the torture turned into sodomy (often inflicted by Tonic the Hedgehog).
If Dismal ever "misbehaved" (such as if he attempted to run away whenever Bubonic wanted to experiment on him) he would be punished. Usually Bubonic would take a splintery wooden paddle and spank Dismal. This would also lodge wood splinters into his rear, which usually ended up becoming infected, and on two occasions, he has died from the infection.
Practically every Troll enjoyed beating up Dismal. Tantrum once crushed Dismal's genitals in a vise, permanently neutering him.
- Under Construction.
The very first time Dismal died (as a Troll) was when he was 6 years old. Bubonic was dissecting him and accidentally cut into his heart, causing him to bleed to death. He didn't seem upset, however, merely stating;
"Let's see what the guinea pig thinks of his first taste of Death..."
When Dismal died, he first found himself in what appeared to be a gray-skied, foggy field. He was alone, and there were no landmarks to speak of. He wandered around, trying to find someone, anyone, and he eventually did, after what felt like an eternity to him (although it was only five minutes). It was a strange, tall being, with a jewel on its forehead and many elaborate markings covering its body.
"Come, child," it said, beckoning to Dismal. "You are safe now."
The young hedgehog, comforted by the being's soothing voice, indeed approached. But he was suddenly stopped by an unknown force. Unable to move, he watched helplessly as the being (and the comforting aura it emitted) vanished before his eyes. He was alone, again. But not for long...
He suddenly felt claws grabbing onto him, pulling him back. Panicking, he attempted to escape, but his efforts were in vain; the unseen claws were dragging him towards darkness.
Bad Things That Happened To Dismal
Dismal had died more often than any other Troll (especially at the hands of Jeremy and his fellow Moebians), all in different ways, such as;
- Being burnt to death
- Severe blood loss
- Trauma to organs/brain
- Sparta Wallabee once kicked him in the butt so hard that his pelvis shattered and his guts came out of his mouth
- Being drowned
- Being crushed to death
- Being frozen to death
- Being eaten by monsters (sometimes being eaten by Godking)
- Being eaten alive by piranhas
- Being used as a living shield
- Being strangled/suffocated
- Having a bomb placed in his body, making him explode
- Various illnesses/infections
- Having his neck snapped
- Being ripped in half (both vertically and horizontally)
- Being decapitated
- Falling from a great height
- Getting slowly cut in half by Lucius' Sabre
- Fried to a crisp by Jeremy's Bolt Gun
- Laughing to death after being forced to breathe joker venom spray
- Gets sliced and diced to death by Vendetta using Jeremy's katana
- Blasted to smithereens by Vincent's Elephant Gun
- Is eaten from the inside-out by a flesh-eating disease, caused by Idalis
- Being turned to stone by Meduso the Echidemon, then shattered.
- In a Sonic the Hedgehog: Lost Chapters off-panel, he visits Mobius A, where Knux, who is evil again, funnels countless grenades down his throat, obliterating him.
He has also committed suicide on some occasions. Usually it is Demental who causes him to do any of the following;
- Slit his wrists
- Hang himself
- Ingest poison
He has also been injured in a great deal of ways;
- Broken bones (arms, legs, ribs, pelvis, etc.)
- Cuts, lacerations, puncture wounds
- Internal bleeding
- Stretched out and then used as a jump-rope by Cindy the Ocelot.
- Had a transorbital lobotomy performed on him
And he has also been teased and humiliated in different ways;
- The Girard Girls forced him to wear a diaper, and then made him do their laundry.
|Eyesight||Varies with health|
|Hearing||Varies with health|
|Olfactory||Varies with health|
Dismal lacks the ability to fight and defend himself properly, and his attacks are weak. He is quite fast, however, but not as fast as the other Trolls. His only defense is to curl into a ball and wait for whoever it is menacing him to go away. However, this almost never works; he usually ends up getting kicked like a ball. At least it's near impossible to force him to uncurl; the muscles responsible are almost unnaturally strong. This may be because of the Project Reaper Regenerative flexo-plate in his right arm; the plate grew onto the bone, and it is now "rubber" and mentally controllable.
The flexo-plate in his right arm makes that limb abnormally powerful, and it is theorized that he could shatter bone with a hard-enough punch. It can also stretch to incredible lengths, and is prehensile.
Dismal has poor stamina and a rather fragile body structure, making him vulnerable to even weak attacks. His lack of body fat and an overcoat means that the cold is much more dangerous to him than it is to other Mobian mammals.
He also has very little will to defend himself with the flexo-plate, and thus it is almost never used at all.
Forms and Fusions
Exclusive to the RP Shattered.
Friends and Foes
- Madeline the Fox - Dismal cares deeply for Madeline, and will fiercely defend her (even though he usually ends up getting hurt).
- Jeremy the Breegull - Dismal and him have been very good friends since they met, he often tries to help Dismal when protecting Madeline.
- Twister the Fox - Dismal's first non-troll friend, he often likes to hug him to show he is safe.
- Heidi the Cat - She cared for Dismal once when he ran away from the Trolls. Even though he is 14 years old, she still thinks of him as a lost baby boy.
- Gwen the Mouse -
- Merinda the Echidna - Dismal's second troll friend, she often protects Dismal from Tantrum by scaring him with her anger, and by spanking him on occasion.
- Hotdog the Hedgehog - Dismal's best troll friend, he often likes to supply him with anything essential, like an EMP hat, to cancel any chips he has inside of him. Sadly, Bubonic doesn't approve of Hotdog interrupting the chip testing...
- Idalis the Cancer - Although at first frightened of her when she gave him a flesh-eating disease at the behest of Vendetta the Thylacine and Jeremy D. the Fox, he realized that she was an innocent pawn in Jeremy and Vendetta's scheme (they had lied to her and said that the disease would help Dismal, and Idalis believed them), and that she never wanted to harm Dismal.
- Ryushu the Cat - Ryu has a relationship with Dismal that is quite similar to her relationship with Mel the Hedgehog. And just like with Mel, she has a habit of spoiling him.
- Suzie-Lu the Echidna - Suzie-Lu was angry at Dismal for calling her a bit possessive, but since she put that behind them, she is a full fledged friend to him, defending him at most points like training sessions....
- Johnny D. the Fox - Seems to have much sympathy for him and that he often gives Dismal something just to make him happy. He also does whatever it takes to protect Dismal, at any cost.
- Banshee the Hedgehog -
- Sergeant Master Capt. Bangkok -
- Hikari Zephra- Sees him as an adorable young man.
- Koya Zephra- Also seems to like him.
- Lunas The Hedgehog - Lunas is Dismal's best friend in the Lunas: Silver Moon Series. Once he knew why Dismal always acted so weak, their bond strengthened to make Dismal stronger.
- Melissa the Hedgehog - She protects him and Melissa thinks he's a very nice person.
- Blackmoon the Hedgehog - Dismal both fears and respects Blackmoon.
- Reaperhog - Just like with Blackmoon, Dismal fears and respects Reaper.
- Dagmar the Hedgehog - Dismal's Moebian counterpart.
- Demental -
- The Trolls - Even though Dismal is a member of the Trolls, he lives in utter fear of them.
- Rageik -
- Phantom -
- Godking the Ice Cerberus - Godking has attempted (and usually succeeded) to eat Dismal on numerous occasions.
- Tantrum the Fox - Dismal is terrified of Tantrum since the fox loves nothing better than to torture and kill Dismal. He often takes the hedgehog to his room, where he keeps a wide array of torture devices, such as a rack, a vice, and even an iron maiden.
- Toxic the Hedgehog - Dismal is terrified of Toxic as well, and almost always gets threatened into being a major (if not the only) pawn in Toxic's schemes. The only times Dismal has managed to lash out at Toxic is when it concerns his (Toxic's) womanizing nature.
- Tonic the Hedgehog -
- Meduso the Echidemon - Meduso enjoys turning Dismal into stone, and then shattering him.
- Bubonic the Hedgehog - Dismal is Bubonic's guinea pig when it comes to testing out disease chips and the like. Bubonic is essentially never kind to Dismal, being perfectly fine with Dismal suffering through any operation that is performed on him.
- Cloud the Hedgehog - Cloud often tries to force Dismal to buy him a flashlight. He is also an incessant liar, and refers to Dismal as "Brian".
- Macabre the Hedgehog - Macabre has tried to kill Dismal, but failed.
- Liam the Cat - Liam usually wants Dismal to "buy" a flashlight for Cloud.
- Emonic the Hedgehog - An annoying emo punk who constantly belittles Dismal, saying he's a poor excuse for an emo (even though Dismal ISN'T emo).
- Ronix the Dark -
- Vic the Crocodile -
- Mary Perfection - Being a Pity-Beggar Sue, Mary sees Dismal as a competitor for attention, and will go out of her way to harm and/or humiliate him.
- The Moebians - Like the Trolls, the Moebians enjoy killing and torturing Dismal in very violent and sadistic ways. Because of this, he utterly refuses to set foot in the Moebian Dimension for fear that he will be attacked.
- Jeremy D. the Fox - Jeremy enjoys sharing Dismal's deaths with his fellow Moebians. Jeremy frequently uses Dismal as a "stress reliever", killing him in violent, sadistic and painful ways. Despite that Jeremy is no longer interested in torturing Dismal, DIsmal still does not approve of Jeremy carjackng Johnny's vehicles.
- Mandy the Cat -
- Lucius the Ferret -
- Vincent the Cat -
- Z the Cat -
- Vendetta the Thylacine -
- The Girard Girls - They love to mess with him.
- Caelum the Arimanian Hedgehog - Dismal cannot understand why Caelum wants to kill him.
Silver Moon Series
In the Silver Moon Series, Dismal is a Fire Adept and the best friend of Lunas the Hedgehog. He retains most of his canon personality, however, getting upset and depressed easily, especially whenever Lunas mentions the fact that Dismal's mother dresses him in her clothing.
Dismal is cowardly and constantly paranoid. Because of this, he never fights, and is too afraid to stand up for himself. He has a paralyzing fear of most of the Trolls (particularly Bubonic, Toxic, Tantrum and Rageik), but at the same time is too afraid to disband from them. He is also terrified of hospitals, needles, doctors, surgery and the like. When confronted with such things, he panics, and usually begins to cry. On rare occasions, he wets himself, and the Trolls take every opportunity to belittle and mock him for this (Tantrum once attempted to put a clamp on Dismal's you-know-what after one accident). He also tends to become childish when afraid, saying things that a little kid would say. Despite the fact that, as a Troll, Dismal has died multiple times, the concept of Death still terrifies him.
Dismal often stutters when he becomes scared. Despite his apparent cowardice, he will become frantic and worried if he sees anyone get hurt. He cannot take too much attention and company; it causes him to become flustered, unhappy and nervous. From being starved on numerous occasions, he has become used to the concept of not eating. He is also notably polite.
Whenever he becomes nervous, he has a habit of taking his tail and "playing" with it (rather, twisting and fiddling it around in his hands). It seems to help calm him down. Dismal is also unusually stubborn; once he gets an idea in his head, it won't go away. For example, if he believes that someone is going to inflict pain or torment on him, he'll go out of his way to avoid that person.
He has enormous self-esteem issues, and frequently belittles and demeans himself whenever he makes a mistake, often hitting himself as well. He is also rather clumsy.
Dismal has recently discovered a sort of third personality (which may possibly be the personality he WOULD grow up with if he never joined the Trolls); whenever he sees someone get hurt (usually a female) he becomes angry, and will lash out at the offender (although he often ends up getting hurt instead). This is still proof that Dismal has chivalrous qualities.
A nasty little voice lives inside of Dismal's head; it constantly degrades him and makes him feel miserable and guilty. The voice seems to be another part of Dismal's personality, however, as the things it says are things that Dismal believes (even if he doesn't want to). This part of Dismal's personality is masochistic, as the voice often calls him "a bad hedgehog" and says that he should be punished, leading Dismal to injure himself (usually in ways that play upon his biggest fears)
This personality, dubbed "Demental", also has full control over Dismal's body; he can make his heart stop beating, alter his blood flow, and even cause a brain hemorrhage. However, he doesn't do this very often, as he prefers to make Dismal hurt himself.
- Being left alone
- Madeline the Fox
- Unknown; he usually fears things rather than hating them.
- Most of the Trolls
- The dark
- Ghosts, haunted houses, etc...
- Big scary Pokémon (I.E Salamence, Steelix, Aggron, etc...)
- Madeline (or any other friend) being hurt
"P-P-Please don't h-hurt me...!!"
"ACK!! I dun wanna!!"
"WAAUUUGH!! I'm s-sorry, B-Bubonic!! I-I'm s-s-s-sah-hah-hah-orry!!" - Whenever Bubonic punishes him.
"OMG WHAT IS THAT?! AAAUUUUUGH IT'S GONNA EAT ME!!" - When confronted by a big Pokémon.
- Dismal-Trolls Conflict
- Dismal-Ronix Conflict
- Dismal-Demental Conflict
- Dismal-Jeremy Friendship
- Dismal-Moebians Conflict