— Jared, giving a vague description of how Timelines work in The EQuartz Committee
Theme is "Eridan's Theme" from Alterniabound.
fourstat code is
|Full Name||Jared W. Infiern|
Willow Infiern (adoptive mother)
|Romantic Interest(s)||None at the moment.|
|Gender||Genderless (assumed male)|
|Blood Color||(Suited) Blue (Suitless) White|
|Attire||Mechnical body suit, Business Suit|
|Political Alignment and Abilities|
|Affiliation||EQuartz Industries (Company President)|
|Abilities||Cryokinesis, Pyrokinesis, Time-Travel|
(Suited) Dino Stamatopoulos
(Suitless) Wally Wingert
|Original Creator||Frozen Scorpio|
Sonic Fanon Kids (unfinished)
Reach for the Sky (unfinished)
Off the Grid (unfinished)
Psionicist Academy (unfinished)
The Thirteen Legends (never started)
Island of Purgatory (Time Clone number 461)
|Height||4'3" (suited) 1'6" (suitless)|
Jared can be seen as having an inconsistant personality throughout his life. When he was younger, Jared was more care-free and relaxed, though once he began independent life, that all quickly shattered. He started to become enraged faster, as most violet-skinned Crucites do, along with swinging tendancies of obsession and passionate hatred. He's loyal to the extent of his own interests, meaning that if he doesn't really believe something may benefit him, he will rebel. Having never quite grasping the concept of personal space, Jared can also be considered a bit invasive from time to time, especially around people he likes.
Jared's story begins before his own knowing, where he was an experiment by Crucite officials to attempt to create life without the need of a Birthing Unit. The project was cancelled by the higher-ups before hatching, but one of the original workers took the egg, fled from their planet, and came to Mobius. He died on impact, as the pod was not quite heat-resistant, but the egg survived out of luck. Then, he hatched.
Jared, as a violet-skinned larva within an entirely new environment, had a high chance of dying, though Willow, who was about 13 at the time, found the newly-hatched larva and, out of sympathy of being alone in the world, took him in and raised him. She new nothing about raising a Crucite, or raising a child in general, which might've actually helped in his development.
He was into a wider variety of interests than most others, being machines, magic, space, military, business, a large liking for the concept of destiny, and a strange interest in pure equality/neutrality, which, as a combination, was unheard of in Crucite history, and as such, when he broke from his coccoon, he had formed an entirely different body than most others. Purely plain in almost any way except for a large spade on his chest and front horns, though most of the development had taken place in his brain. He became a quick learner, with very few physical capabilities, though a strong sense of perserverance, which helped in his interests for building.
After learning to walk, he went everywhere with Willow, which only added more to his interests. As there was nobody qualified to build, he had to construct his own worker-units, and while doing so, eventually made the mechanical suit that he wears to this day, as a sort of prediction as to what he might look like later on in life. After completing his suit, Jared had decided to try creating enhancements for himself. In most cases, it ended in miserable failure, though what had been gained from it is the ability to regenerate lost pieces of himself by use of devouring meat (literally melts in his mouth and absorbed into his system.) By age 7, Jared was well enough to live on his own, and, after bidding farewell to Willow, he left.
Immediately afterwards, the began to hear several raspy voices as uncertainty about his future began to dwell deep inside of him. He programmed a special feature in his suit that cancelled out all of the voices. This feature would only work when he is suited, and without it, he would continue to hear those voices in his head.
During that time, he had used his drones to construct a home where there once was an empty city, sold off the idea of his drones to a military company by demand of the voice, which made him a lot of money, and began going to school, which helped him become a bit social, due to there being little consequences for leaving his home as there were no Crucite sky-dwellers in this land.
He began making other, more smaller machines to help with daily-life and his own interests, which he had also sold off for profit, however after some time he grew bored of this and took a path of nomadicy. Eventually entering the poor outer land of Soulstice Corp's control, Jared began introducing simpler yet more advanced ways of thinking that revolutionized how people lived and slowly but surely began to fix the economic and social state of the outer territories, only spreading farther inward as he traveled.
When elections for a new ruler had come around, Jared was one of, if not the most highly requested person to become the new corporate ruler of their nation. In a landslide victory (14 times figurative, 1 time actually,) Jared had become established as the new corporate ruler of Soulstice, which he then renamed to EQuartz Industries as a symbol that things will never be the same. As years passed, Jared had used his knowledge of the future as well as the opinions and beliefs of the people he ruled over to establish a time of great growth in culture and economics for years to come.
By then he was 13, and spent years in the life of average people, at least, for a young owner of a massive company that specialized in just about everything, with nothing really noteworthy happening until he was 14, where Jared took another shot at upgrading himself, and had added a machine in his throat that teleports a portion of what he consumes, as well as anything inorganic he consumes, to an area of empty space, where the only other thing there beyond that is a massive timebomb set to go off when he dies, to where it will suck in all matter within that area and condense it all to the point of exploding, to form a massive star that will vary in size depending on how much matter is consumed.
At this point, Jared is now only 15 and ready to retire from working simply because of how successful he has been with his revival of EQuartz. That doesn't mean he will in the near future, and shall continue his leadership role there for many years to come... maybe...
Events of the EQuartz Committee
- If missing parts of his body, can regenerate by eating parts of another person, whether dead or alive, and use their blood to boost the creation of new blood within him.
- While suited, his arms can extend out to reach things from far away.
- Can see into the future, up to a few minutes past his death, and through all possible outcomes, yet rarely changes when he's supposed to lose to prevent creating a doomed timeline, though doomed copies of him will occasionally move into the current timeline to fulfill their usefulness, then die. However, if enough can be done, he will try to change either his or another persons fate.
- Due to the machine in his throat that sends specific types of undigestible matter devoured into an empty void of space, Jared can use it to release the general lack of temperature from space to use Ice-Attribute attacks, or store things for later.
- The hands on his suit act like magnets for heat. If enough heat is absorbed, the "skin" will melt off, revealing bone-thin metallic claws which he will then use to attempt to slash/gut his opponents, with extra pain being added from all of the absorbed heat.
- Can form bubbles of hot and cold air, and use these to manipulate the weather for multiple things, whether it be creating mirages of himself to fake-out opponents to generating dark clouds of slightly-condensed water vapor air that he then fires a very small amount of electricity into to create a synthetic lightning strike.
- Prior to the integration of the teleporter in his throat, Jared could consume any metal and somehow convert it nto a thin, almost silky, metallic thread that would oftentimes secrete from his mouth on command and harden mere seconds after contact with another object.
Relationships with other characters
(add your characters into whatever position you may feel they fall into with Jared)
- Willow Infeirn - His legal mother, the two keep in touch digitally but with Jared always being busy they don't have time to talk much.
- Twitch the Cat - A person with potential, Jared picked her up off of the streets and helped her regain her confidence.
- Frida Tsuntiago - The apple of his eye (despite being a cactus), Jared had forseen a bright future involving her so he had decided to help her out in life, talent or none.
- Bonesy Bomber - One who he saw as an integral piece for the future, as well as seeing his powers on national news, Jared knew he needed this person working for him.
- Éloise Dalmung - A true surprise, he can't see her in his past, present, or future. He keeps her around due to such an anomaly as well as her loyalty to him as a mentor.
- Orbit MK. IV
- Gretchen Mako - She has a serious crush on him, though he sees her as a good friend in return. He does not have much interest in her in any romantic ways.
- Trixie modraC - After she is recruited into EQuartz, they have somewhat of a friendly rivalry of sorts, always one-upping eachother in their silly card games with pieces that would be used only to counter the other until eventually starting from scratch and restarting the cycle.
- Pixel Ollydia - Her manager, also dated for a few months. Ended with lies and tension, but they've both put that long behind them.
- Mujona PolyPM - Jared is one of the few people who know of the true person controlling Mujona.
- Antonio Tsuntiago - Seeing more promise workwise in Antonio, Jared had given him work to make up for Frida's lesser abilities.
- Masuda the Voodoo Doll - Gave him a new body, but mainly so that his ghost would leave him alone.
- Gyro the Mechanical Ram - Built him. That's kind of it really.
- Trip the Mouse
- Mike the Fox - Sends letters for a fulltime job constantly, but Mike never accepts them.
- Tomoe Pintura - likes her art, but wonders why she still works for the enemy company Manocorp instead of just buying out a store. Is not allowed to admit that he is aware of her poverty.
- Shining Raymundo - After being recruited into EQuartz, Jared lets him do his heroic thing, but is a bit annoyed by his over the top mannerisms and constant damages to the city.
- Capon - Isn't even aware of Capons continued existence, actually kind of wishes him. Too bad the same can't be said the other way around.
- Sartorius Vhan
- Sirus Mionium
- Mrs. EQ - Sees her as childish and abusive of her powers as supreme ruler of EQuartz International, but is powerless to do anything in fear of sparking a war.
Jared has two frequent designs, that being of him in a mechanical body-suit, and him without it. The only similarities seen between the two are that his head is (most of the time) uncovered. His whole face is constantly a dark shade of purple, also coating his horns (which curve inwards.) His pupils are generally bigger than what you would normally find, and are pure black rather than having any kind of iris. His pupils constantly change shape to reflect on various moments, whether by emotion or by what power he's using.
When in his body-suit, Jared is similar to most mobians in stature, with the differences being in the specifics of his design. Wearing a gray suit shirt, light gray pants and a white hat, you certainly can't say he isn't stylish.
Without his mechanical suit, Jared's height drastically shortens to a meager 1'6". His body is short and quite thin, but his head remains the same size. His attire is a small blackish-purple suit with a grayish-black undersuit that covers his whole body from chest to feet.
Due to various modifications Jared has performed on himself, he has gained quite a few enhancements, including using the coldness of space to synthesize ice attacks and using the heat from stars to generate fire-element attacks, the ability to fuse with other organic life when out of his suit, and immunity to mind control. His mechanical suit as well gives him many upgrades, such as extendable limbs and increased strengths to make up for his normal lack of it.
Due to having hidden gills on the underside of his head, Jared can also breathe underwater. His weapons of choice are an extendable trident (applies to both when he is in his suit and not) and an umbrella (most of the time for when he is without his suit, used more for playful tapping or jabbing people in the eye)
Usable due to the machine in his throat, Jared can send a wave of extremely cold temperature from the void of space. This can be used for many different results, such as altering the battlefield by coating it in ice, using the force of it to generate a powerful windstorm, freeze objects and even opponents solid, etc. The move has a small base charge time and a slightly longer cooldown, though should be easily noticable when doing so, as Jared's eyes begin to flash dim lights from the iris'. The attack's level of effect can also be controlled, with weaker uses using considerably less energy than stronger instances.
Usable due to the machine in his throat, Jared can unleash a powerful torrent of fire directly from a star, unleashed through a transparent portal that generates in front of Jared's mouth. This ability is somewhat more diverse in it's effects, as the range of heat generated can be controlled, ranging from a minor heat-wave to white-hot flames that can vaporize an entire city. These varying levels of power do come with a price. as higher concentrations of it require more charge-up and cooldown than lower-tiers.
A combination attack, unleashed by using both Spacial Freeze and Solar Torrent at the same time. An immense wave of searing fire, with hundreds of sharp ice at temperatures so low that they do not melt within the fire and freeze anything they touch is fired from Jared's mouth. This attack can utterly destroy a location, almost always transforming it to a molten wasteland with massive ice-crystals scattered about, though does have a downside, that being it's long charge time and even longer recharge time.
On normal circumstances, this ability will send Jared back in time, to a timeline that has yet to be altered, while erasing the one that that Jared had come from. But when certain circumstances are met, this ability can have many different effects. These circumstances generally involve a massive amount of soul energy in some way, whether it be mass sacrifice or simple consumption. They range from:
- Clockstopper: Temporarily stops time, allowing Jared to move freely and perform actions while nobody can react or move. The enemy will simply see this as Jared going unnaturally fast for his movements.
- Handhunter: spawns a few massively thick, yet sharp, needles of invisible energy, piercing a given target with each passing hour, dealing slow but devastating damage. More of a set-up type of move, as it's effects take a long time but ultimately pay off. (referencing the size and speed of the hour hand on a clock compared to other hands)
- Handtwister: spawns several moderately-sized, invisible needles of energy, piercing a given target and dealing slight damage every passing minute.
- Handholder: spawns multiple tiny, invisible needles of energy, piercing a given target with each passing second and doing almost unnoticable damage, but can be a true threat when left for long enough, as it can also quickly restrain an opponent by piercing through the joints of their body, locking them in place without much room to dodge. (referencing the size of the seconds hand on a clock compared to other hands)
- Facechange: Allows Jared to copy the physical form of a given target into data, which can then be used for other purposes. Can alternatively be used as a shield attack.
- Pendulum Nightmare: spawns an immense and sharp clock-Pendulum piece, which can be wielded and used for combat.
SS Star Cannon
As previously stated, anything Jared consumes that is inorganic is teleported into an empty pocket of space. This is because of machines in his throat that teleport any inorganic matter that passes to it's destination, but also have a seperate use. By condensing huge amounts of consumed matter, Jared can fire a powerful meteor of junk that radiates with immense heat, known as the "SS Star Cannon." As it takes a small while to charge up, this is really only used against slow targets or those immobilized by Handholder.
As mentioned before, without his suit, Jared has very little physical capabilities. He becomes insanely lightweight, no real physical techniques beyond trying to choke his enemies, can't really take a hit, and prone to delving into fits of madness. Though on the other hand, with his suit, he becomes a bit slower and is less flexible. When in his mechanical suit, Jared can only fuse with other machines, as it would cause complications with fusing organic life with the type of technology put into the suit.
- Jared was a character that the creator had actually made several years prior to joining the Sonic Fanon Wiki.
- The decision to make what was originally his body into a mechanical suit was made over the creator's love of short, skinny villains like Mosquito from Soul Eater.
- The decision to give him hidden gills is based on the alternian Eridan Ampora from the webcomic "Homestuck ."
- His favorite video games are The Binding of Isaac and Don't Starve.
- To distinguish himself from his doomed time-selves, they all have varying numbers on various parts of their bodies, as well as altered physical forms from different experiences in growth and life in general.
- Despite being ambidextrous, Jared is dominantly left-handed.
- When questioned as to why he left at such a young age, as that is highly uncommon in the world, Jared merely responds with "Tradition."
Themes (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Main theme: Fuchsia Ruler
- Suitless theme: Eridan's Theme
- Neutral/Friendly Conversation: Blood Knight
- Conversation with an enemy/Backhanded deal: Grudge In a Minor
- Main battle theme: Mechanical Rhythm
- Alt. Battle Theme 01: Red Miles
- Alt. Battle Theme 02: Purple Tyrant