Ash is very much in love with Mina, and has shown that he would be willing to sacrifice his own life to save her. It is because of this love that he forged his rivalry with Mina's old crush, Sonic, but that appears to have come to a stop after some discussion with Mina while on her tour. He's always willing to support Mina whenever needed.
Ash was previously very competitive with Sonic, partially because Mina told him about her crush on Sonic and how she was hurt when she saw Sally and Sonic kissing. This left him feeling that his relationship with Mina was at risk despite his great love for her; sometimes his feelings cause him to be a bit overly defensive of her. While this issue was eventually settled, Ash can sometimes still be blunt and aggressive when Sonic's around. Though lacking in any special abilities, Ash is brave and selfless, risking his life and going to great lengths to save Mina from harm. He's extremely supportive of Mina and her music.
During her crush on Sonic, Mina seemed somewhat oblivious of the hedgehog's true feelings for her and for Sally. When she realized that he and Sally loved each other, she suffered tremendous heartbreak.
Not long afterwards, Sonic apparently gave his life to save the planet. In reality, he had been flung to the far end of the Galaxy, and a year would pass on Mobius before he was able to find a way home. While Sonic was thought to be dead, Mina eventually entered a relationship with Ash, the manager of her musical career. However, upon Sonic's return, she became conflicted in her feelings, causing Ash to be hostile towards Sonic. Realizing that she was causing Ash to be insecure and that her behavior was selfish, she sent a letter to the relationship advice column in local newspaper (coincidentally, the writer of the column was Sally Acorn, working under a pseudonym). Following the advice given in the column, Mina decided to give Ash a genuine chance.
Mina decided to follow up on this advice, but when the mongoose was targeted for assassination by Eggman, Sonic was assigned as her bodyguard, furthering her conflicted feelings. Ash, hurt, eventually confronted her, claiming that even her songs seemed to be about the hedgehog. He asked her to say that she didn't love Sonic anymore, and when she couldn't bring herself to do so, they decided the relationship was over. However, an attempt on Mina's life was once again made, and Ash selflessly saved her from a bomb, gravely injuring himself. Distraught, Mina stayed by his bedside, and when he awoke, she admitted that while Sonic would always have a place in her heart but the incident made her realize she truly loved Ash.
Not soon after, Dr. Eggman decided to target Mina for termination (having heard some of her songs on the radio, and choosing assassination as his form of critique). Sonic was placed as Mina's bodyguard, causing further conflict between himself and Ash. Ash felt that his position as Mina's boyfriend was being threatened by Sonic and repeatedly attempted to have Sonic removed from bodyguard detail. Ash and Mina later broke up just before Mina's concert when Ash asked Mina to tell him she loved him, as well (and tell him that she didn't love Sonic) and she couldn't bring herself to. However, before the concert was over Ash was injured by a bomb in his attempt to keep Mina from harm. In the hospital, Mina tells Ash what he's been waiting to hear. According to her, while she would always have a place in her heart for Sonic, she loves Ash, and not him.
- AHA! Another couple I support! It makes as much sense as Sonic/Amy. '- Centurion of Books
- Ash and Mina should have gotten together in the future, not Tails and Mina!--"Got some s*** I can kill ya with, stranger! Hehehe!"--The RE4 Merchant
- Yeah, never did understand half the pairings in MxYL in the first place... Flashfire Master of Flames 11:19, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
- --Quick on the Draw... 18:35, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Honestly TailsXMina doesn't make sense. Pairing an 11 year old kid with a 17-ish year old. Can we say "YUCK!" ASHXMINA4LIFE MetalSonikku 18:29, December 9, 2011 (UTC)
- They make a cute couple and they've got their own band!Bita 04:35, December 12, 2011 (UTC)Bita.
- While I tend to stay neutral to every shippings to be fair on those who support them. I am against due to technical reasons than rivalry. Not because Mina is the only Archie character I favour or I considered an Archieversion of Mystic to ship with her (which perhaps best not too), but because Ash is one of those pooped out characters that was pretty much made for the sole purpose of boyfriend to Mina. I mean sure Mina was made as a love interest to Sonic to begin with but she has developed her own character through out the comic. Ash shows up as a mongoose to be her boyfriend. I mean come on! Twilight much?--Mystic Monkey sez 23:41, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I soupport SonMina Cheezebuger 02:22, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
- NOOOOOOOOOOOO, I HATE MINASH! THEY SUCK! I support Sonamyallyina! SONICXAMYXSALLYXMINA4LIFE User:Konnichiku 02:48, March 7, 2015 (UTC)