Fans created this couple because of their source of origin which was "Terios". Since both of them have similar personality. Because of being based on the same concept character, people see them as two halves of one entity and tha't why in their subjective opinion they fit perfectly.
Takashi Iizuka, the one who first established the concept of the story in the Sonic franchise. He created "TERIOS" (Shadow and Blaze first original appearance and theirs second name). After the game "Shadow the Hedgehog" (with his favourite character) which wasn't well received, Sega decided that the next project (Sonic 06) should be entrusted to another person. Shun Nakamura.
Shun Nakamura, Silver's creator and also the person who directed Sonic 06. During one of the interviews said that "he liked Silver's naivety". He is also the author of Blaze words. "you are so naive" and the last sentence of hers "Ive always liked that about you" to Silver. Though it is not love, this is a high degree of sympathy. and yes, with romantic music he tried to make Silvaze. However this doesn't work because as explained later by Sega "Blaze homeworld is similiar to Silver's and the two share a brother-sister relationship"
After bad reception of Sonic 06. Shun Nakamura fell in the post as director of sonic games, and since 2010 had no effect on the game of Sonic. At this point it's still uncertain if he will ever return to direct Sonic games. (Since 2010 - Silvaze is discontinued).
Later, when Sega realized that the failure of the game Sonic 06 is much worse than that of Shadow the Hedgehog in 2008 Takashi Iizuka became the head of "Sonic team". Takashi Iizuka till today is chief producer of Sonic games.
At Sonic Boom 2012, Iizuka has confirmed that Blaze is in fact from the Sol Dimension, not from the future. It means Sonic Rush is 100% canonical and that there is NO Silvaze. It never happened and since the creator of both Shadow and Blaze is back it also is highly possible there will be more hints of those two.
It was also explained by Ian Flynn, that since the events of Sonic 06 never happened, in archie comics both Silver and Blaze never actually meet, so this gives endless possibilities for Blaze to either remain forever alone or be with someone.
Example: Nack shoots the Sol Emerald in Jet's hand with a sniper, and causes the emerald to unleash a large,
protective ring of fire around itself and Team Babylon falls to the ground. Nearby, Blaze suddenly stops running and grimaces as a reaction to the assault on the Sol Emerald. Shadow is the first to react to this and gives concern. After a very small check up to see if Blaze is alright, Amy tells Shadow to carry Blaze, and the two exchange awkward glances.
Shadows constant regret hints a little more than neutality.
IMPORTANT: Archie comic and everything that is put inside them must be approved by SEGA. This means that the company approved of characters meeting each other and interacting in this kind of awkward situation.
In the games universe Sonic Generations, during the last cutscene Blaze is seen talking with both Shadow and SIlver, implying they interacted with each other in games. While it is NO proof, there certainly met with each other. It is still unknown how their the future interactions will affect wither character.
Completed fanfics containing Shadaze
- This New, Unwanted Feeling
- Don't Look Away
- I won't say it
- It started in with a kiss
- Broken promises
- When a bullet hits a target
- Do you love anyone
- Valentine's day
- Blaze must sleep
- On Mobius
- Wrong place but great timing
- A black flame
- Le danse du mort
- The end of the road
- All I see is you
- Keep'em coming!
- Battle of wits
For more see also Shadaze Community: Project Terios on fanfiction.net
- Temporal the Fox 03:36, December 30, 2010 (UTC) (I Support this for the Comics)
- Tails6000 03:50, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
- -- Murphyshane - Morph! He's alive! Don't click here 19:12, January 11, 2011 (UTC) Yep, I love the couple, I have a whole folder of it on dA 
- The Purest of Fear and Evil: Shadaze is very cool with me!
- Hmmph. Good Couple- BunnieRabbot123
- Serious and Serious, I suppose it's okay- Mirandafan21
- The following statement is true, The previous statement is false 00:50, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Never gonna be real but I love how it works out and looks X3 I read the Archie comic and in my head I just screamed, SHADAZE IS HERE XD VegasFox 23:19, July 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Supported. Chazzi 16:31, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I've been a supporter since I first played Sonic Rush. - Blur the Hedgehog
- Personally, after a brief union of Shadow and Amy (producing Silver's ancestor, no doubt), I reckon Shadow and Blaze would work. They have something very few of these unions' member's do: similarity of personality. They're dedicated to their tasks of protection, they like solitude, they find various others annoying (and are quite open about it), and they don't let the full extent of their personalities be seen by many others. Also, I think they'd find each other's various powers very attractive. Plus, as an Emerald Guardian, Blaze is possibly immortal (in the same way Knuckles is), so, no death-related heartbreak. Magicisgreat (talk) 22:34, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Hopefully we will see them together in archie comics. Sonic and Shadow always mirror each other so, since Sonic is with Sally, Shadow should be with his own princess, and that would be Blaze the Cat, who not only isn't intimidated by him but can probably fight him with equal strength. - Neizd Ra'Zhair 13:13, August 3, 2013
- One of my OTPs. Star 17:34, April 13, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't support this myself, but I see none of the overwhelmingly-butthurt-inducing problems with it that the users below are bursting with. No offense. I am Mysterious Johnson MYSTERIOUS 06:28, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
Aren't you so lucky?*yoshi blows up*#ff58a3 19:13, January 11, 2011 (UTC)silaze and shadlin and sonamy are real, not this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's messed up because Silver is possably Shadow's son, so that means that Shadow is dating... HIS SON'S GIRLFRIEND!!! Wait, what??? IDK but you get the point. It's messed up... that's weird...
Zamio 19.47, Febuary 15, 2011
Silver and Blaze are actually real. SEGA would have to hit you over the head screaming it to make it any clearer. Shadaze are not real and never will be. Sorry about that.
Who came up with this stupid couple?! It's over 9000!! 18:59, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
No. Just... No. I've got to shoop-da-woop whoever thought this up! Pumpituppartyzone 23:30, July 3, 2011 (UTC)
Silvaze = OH YAH! Shadouge = Okeydoke! Shadaze = ARE YOU CRAZY?! I might except this if I'd read the comics...I prefer games and Sonic X, in which Silvaze and Shadouge are more popular. I mean, where did this even come from?! My game has my opinion about couples, including an all-new one.
Nope.avi! Frozen Scorpio 13:17, May 19, 2012 (UTC)
Silvaze all the way! ~ Chamesthehero
Umm, Shadow and Blaze? No game ever screwed this couple up. I just don't like it that much. I ship ShadAmy, ShadAria and SonAze. ♪Pianoteen♪
I don't support this, or any other Blaze the Cat pairings. I gave my reasons for not supporting this on the talk page. The "proofs" listed on this page aren't actual proofs for a pairiing. Besides, isn't there much more evidence to support Shadouge than this? Can't spell distraction without action! (talk) 14:02, August 17, 2013 (UTC)
I would support this but Archie comics are non-canon to me and I focus more on the games with some of the events of comics happening.This event isn't one of them.Not to mention they didn't go off to a good start...There is a scene when Blaze tries to burn Shadow's face off.Yes!They love each other,don't they?(Sarcasm)~Cyclonestar
I don't know why, but this just does not appeal to me. When life gives you lemons, you make potato salad. 22:30, November 16, 2013 (UTC)