Being one of the lesser known Sonic pairings in the Sonic universe considering it's short time in past Archie Comics years ago, it has managed to find itself very few fans.
After Sonic saved Mina from Dr.Robotnik in the Archie comics, she held a high amount of respect for him, he then he helped her gain her mother back from robotization and soon after his heroic actions for her, she slowly grew a crush on Sonic.
Soon after Sonic began flirting with Mina even in public, and Mina became shy around him. Mina took this flirting as a hint that he liked her, but still held her feeling close to herself.
But soon Mina witnessed Sally and Sonic kissing in a heartbreaking scene, and even after that when she saw Nack aimng a bullet at Sally to kill her, Mina took the bullet for Sonic to make sure he was happy and proclaimed her love for him as she began to die.
When she later awoke in hospital, Sally asked if she'd be okay. Tearfully thinking of her heartbreak, Mina replied that she'd get over it.
The Rescue and Beginning
Mina was one of the many mobians Sonic had recused from robitzation. But at this point Mina had already lost her mother to Dr. Robotnik, and was in a state of mourning and depression. At this time, Sonic was the only one she could relate to, and he was the only one who she could confide in comfortably at the time.
He did not only rescue her, but her was able to give her more confidence and hope than anyone every really could.
Even with the idea of knowing she was safe and had someone to talk to, Mina was STILL depressed. Her mother was gone, and she even considered letting herself get robotized to be with her mother, (bravery?). She wandered off into a forest, hoping Robotnik would find and take her, but Sonic had run into her, and after scolding her for being outside of the Knothole, they were attacked.
Some point in the battle after everything had been destroyed, Sonic was knocked unconcious. Mina took it upon herself to rescue Sonic with her super speed (that she also has).
Soon after this entire situation, Mina's admiration for Sonic slowly grew into a deep love, after witnessing his heroics, his dedication towards his family and friends, and fully realizing what he did for her and how much it actually meant.
They started hanging out together more, slowly becoming close freinds, especially when they attended high school together once Knothole started becoming a city. Sonic also began flirting with Mina more in public fearlessly, and showed a sense of liking towards her aswell.
Sonic and Mina started working with each other to improve her super speed, as she continued to get better Sonic had told her that she actually had potential to be a Freedom Fighter. In excitment of actually being praised by her hero for actually being strong (Which Mina lacked in the past) she kissed Sonic, but it was quickly rejected by him and Mina was shocked.
Sally had witnessed the kiss of course and questioned if Sonic was in a relationship with Mina, which again he quickly rejected.
Mina by now was willing to do anything to make Sonic realize her love for him, she asked her mother for advice, (which she advised in wearing a fancy outfit, and while it impressed him he ran off to go and battle), and even went as far as to asking Sally how she dealt with Sonic. As much as Mina loved Sonic, she found it hard to figure him out and keep up with his personality. But she was willing to do anything for him.
In attempt to get closer to Sonic, Mina decided to join the Freedom Fighters, but in a situation when Dr. Eggman attacked the city, Mina couldn't do anything frozen in fear. Mina then realized her reasons for joining the Freedom Fighters was selfish and resigned.
But then, Sonic helped her realize what her true talent was and another thing he was his impressed by, her voice and singing talent.
Sonic once again assisted her in finding this talent of hers, and even performed on stage with her on a few occasions.
Even though she had quit the Freedom Fighters, she still aided in missions, finally having her priorities straight and knowing what she wanted to do and when. When Sally had been kidnapped by Nack the Weasel she bravely followed Sonic in order to help him save her, Sonic was shocked at first, but agreed to let her help.
Even then though, Mina still held her feeling for Sonic close, only wanting to make sure he was safe and unharmed. And even though she couldn't openly express her feelings she was happy to be around him.
The End, Heartbreak Enough Near DeathSonic and Mina had split up to find Sally, Sonic had found Sally first, overjoyed to see each other the two shared a kiss. Mina had walked in on Sally and Sonic kissing, she didn't say anything, but after seeing the two her heart had shattered.
Mina walked away, saddened.
Finally realizing that Sonic truly loved Sally.
She felt stupid for even trying to love him, but then, she witnessed Nack aiming a gun at Sally.
"I'll still do anything for him"
Mina took a bullet for Sally, so that Sonic could be happy.
Mina lived, but when Sally asked if she would be okay, Mina tearfully could only say, she would get over it.
Sonmina Fan Children
- Either this, Minash or SonSal. And Sally has so many haters...--Why vote for the lesser of two evils?----Cthulhu for president!
- --I am Soykonoel.(Okay, Give me Sonmina or give me Sonaze. Any other canon coups. with Sonic fail :)
- This is one of the only Sonic/Mina pairings I like. - Madotsuki is awesome. Don't underestimate her. 18:43, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
- This and SonSal. Bring it on or ya meet my sword! 19:56, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Same Here The Apocalyps is coming, WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!! 14:43, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- I like Sonmina because, she is one of the NORMAL Sonic Female characters, and when I say normal I mean, shes not an obsessive stalker, or a spoiled princess Mary-Sue, she is a smart, talented singer, who took a BULLET just to make Sonic happy. Not to mention she has the power to run quickly like Sonic, who else is better for Sonic than someone he can match speed for speed, (And yes im aware Mina isnt as fast as Sonic but she still has that quality) VegasFox 01:03, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Sonmina 4 Eva!!! Kiss my butt SonAmy lovers!! BunnieRabbot123 19:15, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
- This is cool. SonAmy seems one sided (I am not a supporter of it) and sonic as a king? I know it was in the comics but he lost the position to shadow right? Any was if I had to choose it would be this one. (I've even made a sonmina child (not up yet).) Cheezebuger 02:23, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
OTP Shipping <3 VegasFox 14:35, February 21, 2012 (UTC)
- It's cute~ RAWR! My cookies! 03:09, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I support it, along with SonSal. And i really feel bad for Mina. <=( --I'm gonna singthe doom song! 01:02, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- this is a legit couple here people,screw sonsal,screw sonamy this is FO REALZ couch potato to the extreme! (talk) 11:25, May 19, 2013 (UTC)
- OMG!THIS IS AWESOME!~Cyclonestar
- I like it. The rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat. 05:09, December 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I liked SonSal and Minash at first, but now I like SonMina just as much, if not more than SonSal and definitely more than Minash. In a way, I kind of wanted Mina to win the whole time because I could relate to her more. I don't think that Mina deserved to be crushed like that and I feel like it could have gone differently if Sally didn't beat her to the punch. Hanabi-chan (talk) 18:01, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Eh...it's alright, I guess...Never was a big fan of this shipping, but it's still better than SonSal and some of the more 'exotic' Sonic pairings. Sir Flare, Knight of The Flaming Sword 06:18, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
- While I ship Minash, I see this as a one-time thing or something like that. Or at least a one-sided crush. --PetStarPlanet (talk) 15:16, April 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Jake the Hedgehog: i really ahte this couple it doesn't make sense. a hedgehog and a mongoose? Really. SonAmy FTW!!!!!!
- I support SonAlly! I am Rose Wolf Talk to me if you dare! 10:15, May 19, 2013 (UTC)
- Kylekatniss: I support Sonaze but this couple is actually kinda good. Not the best, better than SonAmy and SonAlly, but never as good as SonAze
- I ship Sonamyallyina. Konnichiku (talk) 20:06, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Nah... doesn't work. I support Sonic/Amy and Ash/Mina, thank you very much. - Centurion of Books
I will not tolerate useless bashing, any form of unexaplained or immature hate WILL be removed.
This pairing needs more love, honestly~ <3 Vegas the Fox Hybrid; Emotion's Final Release 06:27, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
agreed,this is a good couple,much better than the mary-sue and stalker