AHEM, sorry about that, anyway! This month we've got a fellow by the name of TellZeal, or as they tend to call themselves, 'Creator'! The... uh, creator of Twenty-Four Days to Delusion and characters like CHARACTER THE LYNX and Princess Penelope the Puppy, and more! They've also been editing April of last year. There's certainly potential in those edits!
And now, drumroll please... the interview.
# 1.) What brought you to SFW? And what made you stay?
- A) Well, at first the thing that brought me to the Sonic Fanon Wikia was the fact that there were people like me on the internet that had ideas for the Sonic Fanon community, so that was my discovery of it. And, I also looked at other people's characters and wanted to create my own world based on that. So, that's partly why it made me stay, because Sonic's pretty much been my entire childhood. I've also been working on Twenty-Four Days to Delusion a lot with my other characters, so I wanted to stay for that.
# 2.) Is there a reason you refer to yourself as 'Creator'?
- A) Well, yes. I feel that the word "Creator" is kind of a word that tells me of creating all these characters and mine and stuff. I could have put Zeal, but since I already know who I am, I put "Creator" in its stead.
# 3.) Where does your username come from?
- A) Honestly, I don't know. But, I remember first coming up with it, and I wanted it to look neat, so I put the period and dots there for balance, and both "Tell" and "Zeal" has both four letters. To "Tell" someone of their "Zeal" is how much motivation someone would have instead of being "Zeal" itself. But, again, I don't really know where I got it.
# 4.) Are there any works of yours that are your personal favorite?
- A) Oh, well, I'll give a good character. I like Yourilivian Teris the Shrew because he is kind of that thoughtful recluse that everyone looks down upon, not because of his wisdom, but the impression that he makes on the citizens of Colona. His past is a little rusty in that aspect, and therefore I think his thought of the world follows a somewhat skeptical vibe that upsets the people's opinions of him.
# 5.) Here's a hypothetical scenario - you've been approached by SEGA who are interested in having your work become part of the official Sonic canon! How do you react?
- A) I would stand there in shock. "This is real, right?" I would say. And, if they tell me yes, then, I'll get them to work. Still, it would take me about three or four asks before actually believing them. If it was truly true, I would try to get them to work on Twenty-Four Days to Delusion into an RPG game.
# 6.) Relatedly, do you think the Sonic franchise should go in a particular direction? And if so, why?
- A) Oh yes, I do. I think that they should do some combining for thoughtful effect. In the modern time, the Sonic franchise has succumbed to the comedic audience and not for those that seek something thoughtful from the game. As it can be difficult to teach younger audiences about complex subjects, it can be done in a way which is not over exaggerated. In other words, I believe that the story line behind Sonic today should be replaced with that of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, which does a great job of portraying distinct motive and character personality and dark adventure that lures Sonic into some of his hardest enemies to face yet. At the same time, the gameplay was quite poor, so the gaming mechanics should be improved, but the setting fits the dark and ancient vibe. Depending on the Sonic game trying to be produced, the creators should focus on the story line and connect them as best possible with presentation of the gameplay. Today, the modern Sonic shouldn't be limited to comedy.
# 7.) What memory in particular stands out to you? It can be before or after you arrived on SFW!
- A) Well, I do remember one time on the Wikia when I first talked to Akrivus for the first time. Yeah, he told me that his name meant "Accurate" in Greek. And this widened my scope of who I really talk to on the Wikia, because there are many Sonic fans around the world and not just in America.
# 8.) Can you name any people you like around the wiki? And if so, why?
- A) Hm...I can name that Silverluv was a good friend of mine before they left. Plus, they were really good in art, too. But, if you want me to name someone that's still here, I think that Juley is interesting to talk to when they show up.
# 9.) Is there any non-Sonic media you enjoy the most? It can be a book, video game, TV show, etc.
- A) I have grown an interest for listening to all kinds of video game music, but the most ones I like are those composed by Masashi Hamauzu. I like Bungo Stray Dogs, K Project, and The Unlimited Harobu Kyosuke for anime. As for books, I don't know. I'm still searching.
# 10.) Finally, how do you like spending your time on the wiki?
- A) Writing and reading other people's media. I like to make comments to ensure that at least someone is looking at their things and they're not just writing it for no reason. But, I've been kind of busy lately, so I hadn't been able to write and review as much as I want to.