Hello ladies and gentlemen of all ages, welcome to the Sonic Fanon Wiki; a place where you can bring your dreams and imaginations to life, forthposting them into reality. Everyone here welcomes your creative thinking, and we hope we can help you as much as you can help this Wiki.
Alright everyone. You've had an imitation for far too long now; it's time for the professional to take over. And then proceed to be four days late. What can I say? Life happens. Kagimizu handling the latest Featured User interview for one Chamesthehero. When asked about winning Featured User, they had this to say: "I'm feeling great! It's awesome to get this type of recognition!" Now, let's give further recognition by getting to the interview, shall we?
# 1. Q) What's the origin of your username?
- A) Now that's a long story, so I have to make it shorter. Chames was always my nickname for as long as I can remember. Everyone calls me that; which I heard it means sun in Arabic and whatnot. Not that I mind, though: I even consider it to be my second name.
- Long story short, this nickname was the name for numerous heroic characters from my childhood's written fanfictions. In one continuity, Chames was the one that saved an entire werewolf and vampire population from being massacred even though he was just a mere human. In another, he was a lax skateboarder that had to defeat enemies with his ice powers to save an entire continent. In yet another one, he was an eleven-year old child that was given a wristwatch that had the ability to travel through dimensions. This last one would assist other dimensions' heroes in facing their own villains before the bad guys became strong enough to disrupt the dimensional peace, and thus, he gains the universal title as "hero of heroes" when the series ends. Of course, other multi-dimensional heroes would come to his aid here and there at some parts of the story.
- (I'm currently revising this last continuity of Chames to make it more interesting and perhaps post it on a fanfiction site somewhere in the Web.)
- Even though these versions of Chames had the same names, their personalities, appearance, and ideals greatly differed from mine; they were not considered to be my personas at all. Even though they were inside different continuities, they had one thing in common: their hearts were set in the right place. They were heroes that marked my childhood forever. In a tribute to these special characters, "Chames the Hero" was chosen to be my alias inside the Web. I have no regrets.
# 2. Q) When and why did you first join SFW?
- A) According to the wiki, I officially joined the wiki back in late 2012. I joined the wiki to express my vivid imagination and make it a reality through writing. I believe this is a common reason for most users here.
# 3. Q) How did you first get interested in Sonic?
- A) Sonic was never my thing. As a child, I thought he was a weird-looking rat creature that collected golden rings. I was (and still am) a Nintendo fan, however. I first came to know this charcater better when the first Mario-Sonic olympic crossover game came for the Wii console. After forgetting about him, yet another crossover game was released based on the Vancouver's Winter Olympic Games. I received it as a gift for a holiday. When I saw the new characters added to the character roster, I was amazed by the coolness of Silver the Hedgehog's design and wanted to learn more about him. Eventually, through Silver's character, I became a Sonic fan.
# 4. Q) What's your favorite hobby?
- A) I don't have a single favorite hobby because all of my hobbies are epic and awesome (haha), but if I had to choose, it would be reading manga and watching anime. They're definitely the main hobbies I have to kill time with some awesome action!
# 5. Q) What do you think of Sticks the Badger and Sonic Boom in general?
- A) With Sticks the Badger's arrival to the Sonic Boom franchise, I'm certain this new continuity will be a blast!
# 6. Q) What's your favorite memory from SFW?
- A) Winning character awards for the first time back in Spring 2013. As a hobbyist writer, it was my dream to create something that other people enjoyed and acknowledged. Winning two major categories in my first competition (Best Hero and Best Villain) was amazing for my self-esteem and motivation back then.
# 7. Q) Who would you say are the people on SFW who have had the biggest impact on you (friends, enemies, in-between, etc)?
- A) I have my fair share of friends and enemies inside this place and they all impacted me in one way or another. If I had to choose the people that had the biggest impact on me, it would be our admins Smash and Kagimizu. Their cool pages and characters inspired me to come to this site and write on it.
# 8. Q) Favorite Sonic franchise song?
- A) I'm no expert or am close to knowing every cool Sonic song out there, but it's a tie for His World (Zebrahead version), All Hail Shadow, and Dreams of An Absolution! They just make me feel awesome and pumped!
# 9. Q) List the (released) Sonic TV series, from least to most favorite.
- A) It's no use! I never watched any Sonic-based TV series! Sorry!
# 10. Q) What's your favorite aspect of SFW?
- A) I believe it is the vivid imagination and bonds that we, as fellow users, share together.
- In my perspective, we show the bad guys the true power of teamwork~!
Congratulations to our new Featured User! Now, who will be next month's featured user? Let's see!
Friendly Notice: If you do not wish to run for Featured User, just message me and I will find someone to take your place.
|Do you need something to do? Well then, help out!|
Happy late July! Unfortunately, this may be the last Featured Article due to TheSkullWolf's soon departure. As a result, a new poll will not be conducted until a replacement is found.
# 1. Q) Where did you come up with the idea of Fou?
- A) Oh man, I hardly remember the details. You see when I came up with the "first four" (Statyx, Fou, Wolfe, Valdez), I was a kid in middle school. I didn't know anything about the Sonic fandom or that other people even came up with Sonic fan characters, believe it or not. From what I can remember, I'm pretty sure I created Fou to more or less be to Statyx was Tails is to Sonic. As Statyx's story evolved so did Fou's, from just being a "little brother figure" to being the first hint that underneath the cold, harsh exterior of a hardened G.U.N. professional, a heart was still beating. As Statyx grew and changed with the influence of Sonic and his friends, Fou would also come to grow and improve, turning from a dependent little child into a capable G.U.N. agent and protector.
# 2. Q) Are you currently satisfied with how he has turned out design and story-wise?
- A) For his character design and story yes, I am actually rather satisfied with him. While I think he could do with some improvements in artwork I really am happy with his appearance. The one thing I'd like to improve upon is probably the overall writing of his article, particularly with regards to his personality and abilities. They just seem to be kind of... all over the place. I actually haven't made any major edits to the article since it was completed, so the writing quality really shows its age.
# 3. Q) Do you have any future plans for Fou?
- A) Specifically? No, not really. Like Statyx, aside from the overall writing quality I'm pretty satisfied with where Fou is currently. Aside from improving the writing quality of his article I really don't have any big plans or changes in store for Fou at this moment. I would like to shake the dust off of him at some point and put him and Statyx in an RP, but I'm a lazy *** who has difficulty finding an RP I can feel comfortable joining.
# 4. Q) Is there any aspects of Fou that you had sought inspiration for?
- A) Hm.... well my memory has always been of the "swiss cheese" variety, but I can't really say so. Aside from maybe looking to Sonic Riders for the idea of a unique species, I pretty much came up with Fou completely on my own. Hell, I came up with his name entirely on my own, no internet involved at all! Little did I know it means "drunk" in Chinese >.>
# 5. Q) What is one of Fou's most treasured moments?
- A) .....One of those details a creator really should think about, but doesn't. I suppose Fou's most treasured moment would be during a moment when Eggman attacked Cream and Fou. With Cream in danger and no-one to turn to or ask for help, Fou was forced to rely on himself and fly solo. Defeating Eggman on his own and saving Cream while proving to others and to himself that he didn't always need someone to protect him would undoubtedly be a memorable moment for Fou. I'd say the treasured moment would come afterwards, relaying the story to Statyx and hearing his approval and praise.
# 6. Q) What kind of career would you see Fou pursuing in the future?
- A) Heh, Fou already has his career. He'll follow Statyx's example and continue being a G.U.N. Agent, always looking out to do the right thing and to help protect people. Though I have to admit I haven't given the idea of Fou as an adult much thought.
# 7. Q) Could you ever see Fou appearing in a Sonic game. If so, what role do you think he would take?
- A) Ehm.... funny thing about that.... ^^| Like I said I was a kid when I came up with the "first four", so at the time of creation I did in fact want my characters- Fou included- to appear in a Sonic game. Hell, as absurd as it may be deep down I still someday hope to make that happen.
- Beyond their original/introduction story, Statyx and Fou would likely be a package deal; Fou would follow Statyx no matter the danger, while Statyx wouldn't be able to let Fou go on his own. In terms of hypothetical gameplay I always saw Fou as a mix between the Sonic series 3D platforming and high-speed flight sections, weaving through the air and unleashing fire upon his enemies.
Any final words from our feathery friend?
- "Well... I'm really surprised I won an award like this! It's an amazing feeling, for sure! I did win something, right? Is there an award? Do I get one of those little trophies or medals or a cake or- I'll just stop now and say thank you."
Congratulations to our featured article! What will our next- oh right, there isn't another one...
Theme: N/A <Insert Poll Here>
Friendly Reminder: Don't forget to search for each candidate on the wiki (they are typed exactly as the articles are titled for your convenience) and read the articles before casting your votes!
Another Friendly Reminder: If you have a suggestion for a theme, post it here!
Yet another Friendly Reminder: You may choose between a page summary or a page review for your featured article. Page summary is the natural default, in the case that you are not available to interview.