That's right! It's your favorite user ever, Skull! Mantis is...somewhere, so I'll be taking over for him this month. Anyways, this month we have a familiar face who's back for a third helping of interviews, Darkest Shadow, also known by Piano. He's got plenty of characters, and he's an admin as well as the current host of our SFW Awards. Overall, he's a great help to the community and we're happy to have him.
# 1.) How does it feel to be interviewed for a third time????????
- A) Well I mean, you know what they say, three times a charm. But seriously it’s pretty awesome. Three times is a lot tbh. I’m excited!
# 2.) Are you looking forward to the upcoming game, Sonic Mania?
- A) Not gonna lie, I’m not really into the Sonic fandom aside from making characters, but it’s kinda cool that they’re bringing back all the classic games. I grew up as a Sonic kid, so if I played it all of the good memories would flood right back in!
# 3.) Who is cooler: Skull or Mantis?
- A) Tough question. Skantis.
# 4.) Are you enjoying summer so far?
- A) Hell yeah! I’ve been looking forward to summer 2k17 since the second day of school last year. And now it’s finally here! I’m free! (no i’m not i work over the summer >n< #lifeguardlyfe) But yeah we all need/needed a nice long break from school. Get to hang out with a lot of friends and go to Six Flags a lot, so it’s awesome!
# 5.) Tell us about what your current projects are on the wiki.
- A) There’s a lot going on in my whacky universe. The Eight Mates disbanded, since this year is the year that everyone went their separate ways. Michelle is competing in the Olympics to win medals in gymnastics, Alexis is on a world tour promoting her studio album, Christina is modeling in New Oreal City, the greatest city in the World, and David is a judge at the X-Games. The Eight Mates. Krys is about to become a master wizardess when she graduates college, Alyssa’s still an elite dancer in high school, Thresh is still a massive powerhouse, Kester is building the impossible, and Ricardo is still chef by day, superhero by night. And of course there’s the other seventy-ish characters that help them out.
# 6.) What is your most proudest accomplishment on the wiki?
- A) The proudest accomplishment I’ve achieved was probably making it to five years on the wiki
which I forgot to mention, y’all are lucky I forgot the big blog. Five years is a long, long time guys. And I’m really close to 10,000 edits. Hopefully I’ll get there by the end of the year!
# 7.) Where do you see yourself in a couple of years? Do you think you'll still be around?
- A) I’m trying to go for somewhere in the music field. Release a couple songs, and if that doesn’t work out so great, then I’ll stick the producing music for others. Honestly, depending on how college treats me in a few years, I don’t know if I’ll stick around here forever. It’s like my home here tbh, I come almost everyday, but I don’t see myself leaving anytime this year.
# 8.) When it comes to making your characters, how do you usually decide what species they'll be?
- A) I really don’t know to be honest. The thing is, hedgehogs are quite the uncommon animal, so there really can’t be that many in the world. And more than half of the Sonic fan characters are hedgehogs, which got pretty annoying. I’ve been steering more towards either cats, because they’re common and lovable, or random species.
# 9.) What about names? Do you usually come up with the name before the character idea, or the other way around?
- A) It varies, but most of the time I come up with the name first. This is because usually I create characters based on the environment of my other characters. For instance, Valentina and Bryce don’t have designs, but they’re just there for Christina’s new crowd of friends. Usually, if I don’t come up with a name for a character, I just put it up for an adoptable
even though I haven’t done those in forever tbh
# 10.) What are you looking forward to the most on the wiki?
- A) The place is in pretty good condition. I’m looking forward to seeing some new faces in the future, and maybe some long-gone users hopefully returning.
# 11.) (Bonus Question) How would you describe Skull in five words or less?
- A) awesome sauce
Congratulations to our new Featured User! Who will our next Featured User be? Let us see!