Like all places, this place has policies that you are advised to follow at all times. Should you not follow these policies, you will face consequences. To view our policies, here is the list of every one of them.
Main Policy: Rules for using the wiki.
Article Standards: Rules for all content on the wiki!
Standard Procedures: Rules about sub-standard articles.
Elections: Rules and requirements for admin elections.
Corruption: Rules for dealing with corrupt or inept admins.
Chat - Rules for using the wiki's chat room.
Message Walls and Forum Threads - Rules for a user's message wall or the wiki's forum threads.
Ivan the Machamp
Hey hey! Glad you came back for more of Featured User! I promise, there's more where this comes from! :D
This time around, we have someone a little different - a crossover character! In particular, a Machamp by the name of Ivan, owned by Flashfire212! An old character, but still a very interesting one, no doubt! An interesting take on the bruiser character archetype, if you ask me.
And now, onto the interview!
# 1. What inspired you to make Ivan?
- A) I'll be honest, Ivan was an idea I was playing around with when I was looking at the idea of introducing mercenaries to my content. He's a dual crossover, with a bit of his backstory and role coming from the BattleTech universe, while the species is obviously a Pokemon.
# 2. Is Ivan close to anyone in particular (lover, best friend, etc)?
- A) I'm going to go out on a limb here - Ivan is closest to his second in command, who unfortunately doesn't have a page quite yet.
# 3. If Ivan were to go up against a character like, say, Knuckles, who do you think would come out on top?
- A) I'm giving this one to Knuckles. As much as Ivan was designed for fighting with his fists, he forgets what he was planning and can't actually dodge anything. It'd be an interesting fight to watch, but Knuckles would take it in the end.
# 4. On a scale of 1-10, how important would you rank Ivan regarding his appearances in your stories?
- A) Probably about a 6. He's not central to the story for the most part, but in the overall plot he gets a bit more important in his influence on the other mercenary leaders, and in his role as a neutral character, if that makes sense.
# 5. Since you mentioned Ivan's intelligence is suppressed by fighting instincts, does that imply he's the butt of jokes about his intellect?
- A) Not so much jokes, as more a few snide remarks by other characters. When he has a plan, it's normally good, and it typically works for the other people following it. Unfortunately, every time he fights, the plan has to change from whatever he came up with to the age-old video game strategy of "protect the idiot running directly at the enemy team."
# 6. Has Ivan ever expressed wanting to become something other than a fighter?
- A) As a child, he was shown to have some skill in writing poetry, so if he wasn't a mercenary, he'd probably be off doing something creative that doesn't involve dexterity.
# 7. Finally, if Ivan had a theme song, what genre do you think would suit him best (rock, jazz, rap, etc)?
- A) I'd have to say hard rock, maybe pushing towards grunge or metal. Something about a mercenary with four arms beating people up makes me think "epic drum solos".
Read More About This Article...
Congratulations to our featured article! What will our next featured article be? Let's see!
Friendly Reminder: Don't forget to search for each candidate on the wiki (they are typed exactly as the articles are titled for your convenience) and read the articles before casting your votes!
Another Friendly Reminder: If you have a suggestion for a theme, post it here!