Sonic Racing X-treme! (or simply Sonic R X-treme!, and is no way related to the cancelled game Sonic X-treme) is a 2013 racing game that features Sonic characters for the tenth time (Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic R, Sonic and SEGA-All Stars Racing, Sonic and All Stars Racing: Transformed,Sonic Riders, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity,and Sonic Free Riders.) in a racing game. The vehicle range has now widened from the SEGA-All Stars Racing games. It will come out for PSVITA, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, PS3, and 3DS. Rings can be used to unlock music,new racers, and new tracks, as well as concept art.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Bio: Sonic the Hedgehog is SEGA's blue and speedy mascot! He returns to the track to take on Eggman for hopefully the last race. Can he boost himself to 1st place and win the Mobius Cup?
Racecar: Blue Blur- A dark blue racecar with spring design tires and 3 of Sonic's signature spines.
Super Move: Super Sonic- Sonic transforms into Super Sonic and uses Chaos Control to speed himself up. He also shoots golden bolts of energy on the track to destroy other racers.
Theme of Super Move: Race to Win- Sonic Rivals 2
Miles "Tails" Prower
Bio: Sonic's faithful sidekick and inventor, Tails Prower, returns to win the Mobius Cup! However, can he beat Sonic?
Racecar: Whirlwind Monster 01- An orange monster truck with twin exhaust pipes made to look like Tails' twin tails.
Super Move: Gadget Defender- Tails calls on his trusty assistant T-Pup to help him zoom down the track and defeat other racers.
Theme of Super Move: What I'm Made Of- Sonic Heroes
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
Bio: After carefully examining Sonic's racing skills, Dr. Eggman returns to the track to defeat Sonic once and for all. He has prepared his newest racecar to fit any terrain! Can he defeat his arch-nemesis and win?
Racecar: Terrain Tank- A tank that changes it's appearance when encountering any terrain (grass,water,stone,etc.).
Super Move: Bombs Away- Eggman launches bombs and missiles out of the Terrain Tank at other racers.
Theme of Super Move: Final Egg- Sonic Adventure
Bio: A cheerful young hedgehog constantly chasing Sonic. She wants to catch him on the racetrack so he'll marry her!
Racecar: Lovely Jeep- A pink Jeep with her name on the hood and Piko Piko hammer icons on the sides. The license plate says "HAMMER101".
Super Move: Piko Attack- The Piko Piko hammer icons become real and whack racers as Amy passes by.
Theme of Super Move: Sonic Boom (Crush 40 vs. Cash Cash)- Sonic CD
Bio: After being revived by Eggman, Metal Sonic returns to race Sonic again! He has a car designed by Eggman. No good comes from this baddie from Sonic CD!
Racecar: Metal Doomer- A dark grey hovercraft with light gray spikes sticking out in the sides of the hood.
Super Move: Metal Overlord- Metal Sonic turns into Metal Overlord and wrecks the racers as he flies by.
Theme of Super Move: Death Egg Boss- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Knuckles the Echidna
Bio: The guardian of the Master Emerald sure takes work on the go to the next level! He's packed it in a trailer with an indestructible, Eggman-proof, container. Can he win the races and return to Angel Island?
Racecar: Knuckles Crusher- A dark red racer car with an alligator logo on the sides and hood. It has a tractor-trailer with the Master Emerald in it's container.
Super Move: Hyper Knuckles- Knuckles utilizes the Master Emerald's power to become Hyper Knuckles! He zooms down the track powing every racer with a SLAM!
Theme of Super Move: Super Sonic Theme- Sonic the Hedgehog 4/Sonic Generations
Shadow the Hedgehog
Bio: An ultimate lifeform created by Professer Gerald Robotnik, and a look-a-like of Sonic. He races well, so be warned.
Racecar: Deadly Off-Roader- A black monster truck with spikes on the wheels.
Super Move: Super Shadow- Shadow breaks into Sonic's or Knuckles' car and steals energy to become Super Shadow. He launches Chaos Arrow and Chaos Blast at enemies around him.
Theme of Super Move: I Am (All of Me)- Shadow the Hedgehog
Bio: One of the drivers from Crazy Taxi comes to race Sonic and beat him at any means nessacary.
Racecar: Terrific Taxi- A dark yellow taxi with 5 exhaust pipes to make it one of the fastest cars on the track.
Super Move: Crazy Through- Axel places a snowplow onto the front hood and plows racers out of the way.
Theme of Super Move: Crazy Box - Crazy Taxi
How to Unlock: Purchase with 40 rings.
(Unlockable) Classic Sonic
Bio: Sonic's original self returns to his glorius racing days with Modern Sonic. He drives the Shoe Speeder, a car made to look like his shoe.
Racecar: Shoe Speeder- A racecar made to look like Sonic's shoe, with 3 short blue spikes on the back of the car.
Super Move: Classic Super Sonic- Classic Sonic transforms into Classic Super Sonic, and does the same thing as Modern Sonic does.
Theme of Super Move: Super Sonic theme- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
How to Unlock: Purchase with 30 rings.
Bio: An enemy of the classic Sonic animal returns to hunt down Flickies everywhere. Can Sonic stop him before he does?
Racecar: Cat Strider- A black bicycle with a license plate that says "DESTROYALLFLICKIES".
Super Move: Eye of the Tiger- Tiger transforms into an actual tiger and hunts down every Sonic character on the track. He slashes them off course.
Theme of Super Move: Invinciblity theme- Sonic Heroes
How to Unlock: Purchase with 50 rings.
Bio: Ristar makes a return to the racetrack after years of no work. He wants to defeat Tiger for good. Can he?
Racecar: Star Speedster- A yellow F1 racecar with a star on the back. The license plate says "BRINGMEBACK".
Super Move: Arm Puncher- Ristar extends his arms and grabs the star on the back of his car. He flies down the track, punching racers along the way.
Theme of Super Move: Planet Neer (Cash Cash remix)- Ristar the Shooting Star
How to Unlock: Purchase with 100 rings
Chaos Emerald Cup
- Palmtree Panic Raceway- Sonic CD
- Planet Scorch Valcano- Ristar the Shooting Star
- Wisp Jungle- Sonic Colors
- Downtown Bound- Crazy Taxi
- BOSS: Egg Serpentleaf V.2, Racetrack: Sylvania Raceway- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
- Green Hill Zone- Sonic 1
- Marine Madness- Crazy Taxi
- Neer Forest- Ristar the Shooting Star
- Rooftop Raceway- Sonic Unleashed
- BOSS: Eye of the Tiger (Tiger isn't playable in this cup), Racetrack: Flicky House- Flicky
- Resort Island- Sonic R
- Ice Cap- Sonic Drift
- Plaza Speedway- Crazy Taxi
- Lava Mountain- Ristar the Shooting Star
- BOSS: Dark Oak, Racetrack: Vined Runway- Sonic X
- Flicky House- Flicky
- White Park- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
- Vined Runway- Sonic X
- Lighting Lighthouse- Crazy Taxi
- BOSS: Flicky-Bot 3EGG, Racetrack: Eggmanland- Sonic Unleashed
- Casino Street- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
- Oil Desert Speedway- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
- Stardust Speedway- Sonic CD
- Windy Valley- Sonic Adventure
- BOSS: Nazo, Racetrack: Angel Island- Sonic: Nazo Unleashed
- Chao Garden Raceway- Sonic Adventure
- Planet Speedway- Ristar the Shooting Star
- B.D. Boulevard- Crazy Taxi
- Flicky Drifts- Flicky
- BOSS: Dark Chao Walker, Racetrack: Dark Garden Speedway- Sonic Adventure
- Sky Fortress Speedway- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
- Scorching Speedway- Ristar the Shooting Star
- Dark Drive- Crazy Taxi
- Tiger's House- Flicky
- FINAL BOSS: Perfect Nazo, Metal Overlord (Metal Sonic not playable), and Eye of the Tiger (Tiger not playable). FINAL Racetrack: Destination Zero
You can buy conecpt art, new racers, new music, and new tracks in this shop.
- "Seven Rings in Hand"- 100 rings (Sonic and the Secret Rings)
- "Planet Neer (Original)"- 50 rings (Ristar)
- "'Round Town"- 20 rings (Crazy Taxi)
- "Green Hill Zone Act 1" - 20 rings (Sonic 1)
- "Casino Park" - 30 rings (Sonic Heroes)
- "Planet Scorch"- 34 rings (Ristar)
- Classic Sonic
- Sliver the Hedgehog
- B.D. Joe
- Mii (Wii/3DS/Wii U Exclusive)
- Avatar (Xbox 360 Exclusive)
- Burner the Wolf
- Furno the T-Rex
- Mecha Sonic
- Concept Art #1: Sonic,Tails,Knuckles, and Amy
- Concept Art #2: Ristar and Shadow
- Concept Art #3: Axel and Eggman
- Concept Art #4: Gena, B.D. Joe, and Chip
- Concept Art #5: Flicky,Classic Sonic, and Pocky
- Concept Art #6: Metal Sonic, Sliver, and Tiger
- Concept Art #7: Main Menu
- Concept Art #8: Options Screen
- Concept Art #9: Sonic 4 Episode 2 Racetracks
- Concept Art #10: Mii and Avatar
- Concept Art #11: Furno, Burner, and Mecha Sonic
- When this game was announced, it was called Sonic Racing Saturn. A beta track was the planet Saturn it's self. This idea was eventually turned into the Ristar tracks.
- A rumored sequel is in the works. It's code name is "SR2-2012-2020", meaning the game will probably be released sometime between 2012 and 2020.
- Tikal and Chaos were going to appear in this game, but it was scrapped.
- This is the third Sonic + SEGA crossover game that has to do with racing.
- Another beta track was "Dohuki Mountain", which would be a test drive track for Eggman. It was based on the Super Monkey Ball series.
- 2 other beta tracks included Toxic Caves from Sonic Spinball and Treetops from Super Monkey Ball. Why they didn't make it into the final version is unknown